Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Overdue

I've had many ideas for this blog over the past few months, and haven't bothered to post any of them. Maybe this post will just be a highlight for some of the things I've been meaning write over the past few months.

In June, I spent a few days staying with a friend in Raleigh who is probably pretty much opposite of vegan. But because she is a good hostess, and my friend she said that I could invite people over for a small party and include vegan treats. In the end we compromised and I said it was fine if she made jalapeno poppers too and even tried really hard not to make grossed out faces towards the bacon. In preparation she looked up many vegan recipes that also wouldn't involve too many crazy ingredients and came across this chocolate cupcake recipe. No weird health-food store ingredients necessary (not that I'm opposed to those), and it is damn tasty. We paired it with this frosting recipe. Damn. Tasty.

One night she also made me a dish called Christians and Moors. I don't have the recipe, and its just black beans and rice anyway. I just wanted to let you know that I went to Raleigh and ate Christians and Moors. Raleigh is hardcore like that.

In more recent news, being too lazy to go to the food coop I ended up creating a tempeh bacon and asparagus sandwich for dinner one night. Lucky for me it turned out well. More specifically it was lightly cooked asparagus, LightLife tempeh bacon, veganaise, and picante pepper mustard. The mustard I picked up on a trip to the National Mustard Museum in Middleton, WI, in case any of y'all are mustard enthusiasts. Here is the result:

Maybe sometimes laziness can result in good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment